WORLD GEOGRAPHY MCQ
1. The standard time of the following countries is ahead of behind Greenwich Mean Time depending on whether they are East or West of the longitude passing through Greenwich. 
1. Cuba 2. Greece
3. Iraq 4. Costa Rice
2.Which one of the following sequential orders gives the correct arrangement of the countries according to their standard time from ahead to behind GMT?
(a) 5,3,2,1,4 (b) 2,4,1,3,5
(c) 4,1,3,2,5 (d) 3,5,4,1,2
3. The original home of the gypsies was: 
(a) Egypt (b) Russia
(c) India (d) Persia
4. Which one of the following is the continent with the highest mean elevation in the world? 
(a) Antarctia (b) North America
(c) Asia (d) South America
6. Which one of the following does not belong to biosphere reserves set-up so far? 
(a) Great Nicobar (b) Sunderbans
(c) NandaDevi (d) GulfofKachch
7. Arakan Yoma is the extension of the Himalayas located in: 
(a) Baluchistan (b) Myanmar
(c) Nepal (d) Kashmir
9. In the Indian context the term 'De-notified tribes' refers to: 
(a) Tribes which are aboriginals
(b) Nomadic tribes
(c) Tribes practising shifting cultivation
(d) Tribes which were earlier classified as criminal tribes
10. Which one of the following regions of India is now regarded as an 'ecological hot spot'?
(a) Western Himalayas (b) Eastern Himalayas
(c) Western Ghats (d) Eastern Ghats
11. Consider the following programmes: 
1. Afforestation and development of wastelands
2. Reforestation and replantation in existing forests
3. Encouraging the wood substitutes and supplying other types of fuel
4. Promotion of wide use of insecticides and pesticides to restrict the loss of forest area from degradation caused by pests and insects.
12.The National Forest Policy of 1988 includes:
(a) 1, 2, 3 and 4 (b) 2 and 4
(c) 1, 3 and 4 (d) 1, 2 and 3
13. The Palk Bay lies between: 
(a) Gulf of Kachch and Gulf of Khambhat
(b) Gulf of Mannar and Bay of Bengal
(c) Lakshadweep and Maldive Islands
(d) Andaman and Nicobar Islands
15. About 50% of the world population is concentrated between the latitudes of: 
(a) 5°N and 20° N (b) 20°N and 40°N
(c) 40°N and 60°N (d) 20°S and 40°S
16. "..... They are people of yellow complexion, oblique eyes, high check bones, sparse hair and medium height." The reference here is to: 
(a) Nordic Aryans (b) Austrics
(c) Negroids (d) Mongoloids
18. "From Aceh in the far north west to Torres Strait in the east 5000 miles, almost as far as from London to Baghadad. The archipelago has 14,000 islands, some mere equatorial rocks, others some of the largest in the world." This description best fits: 
(a) West Indies (b) Japan
(c) Philippines (d) Indonesia
20. Daily weather map showing isobars is an example of: 
(a) Choropleth map (b) Isopleth map
(c) Chorochromatic map (d) Choroschematic map
21. Which one of the following countries is the largest producer of fuel wood in the world? 
(a) Indonesia (b) Russia
(c) India (d) China
22. During a flight from Delhi to Tokyo the following are the landing airports:
1. Hongkong 2. Hanoi
3. Taipei 4. Bangkok
(a) 1, 2, 3, 4 (b) 4, 2, 3, 1
(c) 2, 4, 3, 1 (d) 3, 2, 1, 4
23. The satellites of which one of the following countries have helped in the preparation of a detailed and complete map of Antarctica? 
(a) Canada (b) France
(c) Russia (d) U.S.A
24. Which one of the following countries has replaced Italy as the major importer of bauxite from India? 
(a) Canada (b) Greece
(c) Ukraine (d) United Arab Emirates
25. Indonesian forest fire in 1997 was caused by: 
(a) Greenhouse effect
(b) Depletion of ozone layer
(c) El Nino effect
(d) None of these
27. When there is noon at I.S.T. meridian people another place of the Earth are taking their 6 O' clock morning tea. The longitude of the place is: 
(a) 17°30'E (b) 7°30'W
(c) 172°30'E (d) 90° W
28. Which one the following port cities in Venezuela has been developed as an oil port? 
(a) Caracas (b) Maracaibo
(c) Maracay (d) Carupano
29. A person of mixed European and Indian blood in Latin America a called a: 
(a) Mulatto (b) Mestizo
(c) Meiji (d) Mau Mau
30. Match List I with List II and select the correct answer using the codes given below the lists:
A Mt. Rainier
List II (Country)
(a) A-4; B-2;C- 1;D-3 (b) A-4; B- 1;C-2; D-3
(c) A - 2; B-1; C- 4; D-3 (d) A-4; B-3;C-2; D-1
1. Bosnia 2. Croatia
3. Slovenia 4. Yugoslavia
32.The correct sequence of these provinces from the east to west is:
(a) 4,1,3,2 (b) 4,1,2,3
(c) 1,4,3,2 (d) 1,4,2,3
33. Which one of the following lakes forms as international boundary between Tanzania and Uganda? 
(a) Chained (b) Malawi
(c) Victoria (d) Zambenzi
34. A class of animals known as Marsupials is a characteristic feature of: 
(a) Africa (b) Australia
(c) South America (d) South-east Asia
35. Match List I with List II and select the correct answer using the codes given below the lists: 
List 1 (Local Wind)
C. Santa Ana
D. Zonda Codes:
List II (Region)
(a) A-2; B-4; C-1; D-3 (b) A-4; B-2; C-3; D-1
(c) A-2; B-4; C-3; D-1 (d) A-4; B-2; C-1; D-3
36. Consider the following statements regarding environment issues of India: 
1. Gulf of Mannar is one of the biosphere reserves
2. The Ganga Action Plan, phase II has been merged with the National River Conservation Plan.
3. The National Museum of Natural History at New Del" imparts non-formal education in environment an conservation
4. Environmental Information System (ENVIS) acts as a decentralized information network for environment information
Which of these statements are correct?
(a) 1, 2 and 4 (b) 1, 2,3and4
(c) 2 and 3 (d) 1, 3 and 4
37. Consider the following countries: 
1. Brazil 2. Indonesia
3. Japan 4. Russia
38.What is the descending order of the size of the following countries population-wise ?
(a) 1,2,4,3 (b) 2,3,1,4
(c) 2,1,4,3 (d) 1,2,3,4
39. Consider the following countries of South Asia: 
1. Bangladesh 2. India
3. Pakistan 4. Sri Lanka
40.The descending order of literacy status of these countries is:
(a) 4,2,1,3 (b) 2,4,3,1
(c) 4,2,3,1 (d) 2,4,1,3
41. Consider the following countries: 
1. Albania 2. Bosnia Hercegovina
3. Croatia 4. Macedonia
42.Which of these countries has/have Adriatic Sea as a boundary?
(a) 1, 2 and 4 (b) 1,2 and 3
(c) 2 and 3 (d) 1, 2,3 and 4
43. The waterfall 'Victoria' is associated with the river: 
(a) Amazon (b) Missouri
(c) St. Lawrence (d) Zambenzi
44. Consider the following statements: 
1. In Macedonia, ethnic Albanians are a minority
2. In Kosovo, Serbians are a majority
45.Which of these statements is/are correct?
(a) Only 1 (b) Only 2
(c) Both 1 and 2 (d) Neither 1 nor 2
46. Israel has common borders with: 
(a) Lebanon, Syria, Jordan and Egypt
(b) Lebanon, Syria, Turkey and Jordan
(c) Cyprus, Turkey, Jordan and Egypt
(d) Turkey, Syria, Iraq and Yemen
47.Which one of the following countries does not border the Caspian Sea? 
(a) Armenia (b) Azerbaijan
(c) Kazakhstan (d) Turkmenistan
48. The great Asian river Mekong does not run through: 
(a) China (b) Malaysia
(c) Cambodia (d) Laos
49. Latvia does not share its borders with which one of the following countries? 
(a) Russia (b) Estonia
(c) Lithuania (d) Poland
50. Match List I with List II and select the correct answer using the codes given below: 
List I (Sea) List II (Country)
A. Black Sea 1. Bulgaria
B. Red Sea 2. China
C. Yellow Sea 3. Eritrea
D. Caspian Sea 4. Kazakhstan Codes:
51. Which one of the following does not border Panama? 
(a) Coast Rica (b) Pacific Ocean
(c) Colombia (d) Venezuela
52. Consider the following statements: 
1. Silent Valley National Park in the Nallamalai range.
2. Pathrakkadavu Hydroelectric project is proposed to be built near the Silent Valley National Park.
3. The Kunthi river originates in Silent Valley's rainforests.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
(a) 1 and 3 (b) 2 only
(c) 2 and 3 (d) 1, 2 and 3
53. Which one of the following countries does not border Lithuania? 
(a) Poland (b) Ukraine
(c) Belarus (d) North Sea
54. Which one of the following is the correct sequence of the given towns of Pakistan while moving from the North towards the South? 
55. Consider the following sites/monuments: 
1. Champaner-Pavagadh Archaeo logical Park
2. Chhatrapati Shivaji Railway Station, Mumbai
4. Sun Temple (Konark Temple)
.Which of the above are included in the World Heritage List of UNESCO?
(a) 1,2 and 3 (b) 1,3 and 4
(c) 2and4 (d) 1,2,3 and 4
56. Match List-I with List-II and select the correct answer using the codes given below the lists: 
List-I (City) List-II (River)
A. Washington D.C. 1. River Manzanares
B. Berlin 2. River Seine
C. Paris 3. River Spree
D. Madrid 4. River Potomac Codes:
(a) A-2;B-3;C-4;D-1 (b) A-4;B-1;C-2;D-3
(c) A-2;B-1;C-4;D-3 (d) A-4;B-3;C-2;D-1
57. Consider the following statements: 
1. Great Britain comprises England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
2. England covers less than 60% of the total area of the United Kingdom..
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
(a) 1 only (b) 2 only
(c) Both 1 and 2 (d) Neither 1 nor 2
58. Itaipu Dam built on the River Parana is one of the largest dams in the world. Which of the following two countries have this as a joint project? 
(a) Brazil and Peru
(b) Paraguay and Ecuador
(c) Brazil and Paraguay
(d) Colombia and Paraguay
59. Which one of the following is the correct sequence of the given continents in the decreasing order of their percentage of Earth's land? 
(a) North America-Africa- South America-Europe
(b) Africa-North Africa-South America- Europe
(c) North-Africa-Europe-South America
(d) Africa-North America- Europe-South America
60. Bermuda Triangle extends up to which of the following places? 
1. Southern Florida 2. Puerto Rico
3. Hawaii Islands
Select the correct answer using the codes given below:
(a) 1, 2 and 3 (b) 1 and 2only
(c) 2 and 3 only (d) 1 and 3 only
61. Claims to the historical Macedonian territory have been a bone of contention between which of the following countries? 
(a) Portugal and Spain
(b) Bulgaria and Greece
(c) Romania and Bulgaria
(d) Portugal and Greece
62. Huangpu River flows through which one of the following cities? 
(a) Beijing (b) Ho Chi Minh City
(c) Shanghai (d) Manila
63. Which one of the following countries is the leading producer of Uranium? 
(a) United States of America
64. Consider the following statements: 
1. Length of a terrestrial mile is lesser than that of a nautical mile.
2. Harmattan is a dusty land-wind of the East African Coast.
3. Greece and Albania form a part of the Iberian Peninsula.
Which of the statement(s) given above is/are correct?
(a) 1, 2 and 3 (b) 2 and 3 only
(c) 3 only (d) 1 only
65. Through which one of the following groups of countries does the Equator pass? 
(a) Brazil, Zambia and Malaysia
(b) Colombia, Kenya and Indonesia
(c) Brazil, Sudan and Malaysia
(d) Venezuela, Ethiopia and Indonesia
67. Other than India and China, which one of the following groups of countries border Myanmar? 
(a) Bangladesh, Thailand and Vietnam
(b) Cambodia, Laos and Malayisa
(c) Thailand, Vietnam and Malayisa
(d) Thailand, Laos and Bangladesh
68. Where is Copacabana Beach located? 
(a) Buenos Aires (b) Hawaiian Islands
(c) Rio de Janeiro (d) Valletta
69. Which one of the following cities does not have the same clock time as that of the other three cities at any given instant? 
(a) London (UK) (b) Lisbon (Portugal)
(c) Accra (Ghana) (d) Addis Ababa (Ethiopia)
70. Match List I with List II and select the correct answer using the code given below the lists: 
Menam (Chao Phraya)
(a) A-3; B-2;C-4; D-1
(b) A-4; B-1;C-3; D-2
(c) A-3; B-1;C-4; D-2
(d) A-4; B-2;C-3; D-1
71. Which one among the following rivers is the longest? 
(a) Amazon (b) Amur
(c) Congo (d) Lena
72. Through which one of the following Straits, does a tunnel connect the United Kingdom and France? 
(a) Davis Strait (b) Denmark Strait
(c) Strait of Dover (d) Strait of Gibraltar
73. The largest coral reef in the world is found near the coast of which one of the following countries? 
(a) Australia (b) Cuba
(c) Ghana (d) Philippines
74. Which one amongst the following has the largest livestock population in the world? 
(a) Brazil (b) China
(c) India (d) USA
75. In which one of the following is Malta located? 
(a) Baltic Sea (b) Mediterranean Sea
(c) Black Sea (d) North Sea
(a) Colombo (b) Jakarta
(c) Manila (d) Singapore
77. Which one of the following straits is nearest to the International Date Line? 
(a) Malacca Strait (b) Bering Strait
(c) Strait of Florida (d) Strait of Gibraltar
78. Which of the following countries share borders with Moldova? 
1. Ukraine 2. Romania
Select the correct answer using the code given below:
(a) 1 and 2 only (b) 2 and 3 only
(c) 1 and 3 only (d) 1, 2 and 3
79. Consider the following statements: 
1. Ajman is one of the seven Emirates of the UAE.
2. Ras al-Khaimah was the last Sheikhdom to join the UAE.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
(a) 1 only (b) 2 only
(c) Both 1 and 2 (d) Neither 1 nor 2
80. Out of all the Biosphere Reserves in India, four have been recognized on the World Network by UNESCO. Which one of the following is not one of them?
(a) Gulfof Mannar (b) Kanchenjunga
(c) Nanda Devi (d) Sunderbans
81. Which two countries follow China and India in the decreasing order of their populations? 
(a) Brazil and USA
(b) USA and Indonesia
(c) Canada and Malaysia
(d) Russia and Nigeria
(a) Chambal (b) Narmada
(c) Tapi (d) Bhima
83. In India, how many States share the coastline?
(a) 7 (b) 8
(c) 9 (d) 10
84. Consider the following countries:
1. Australia 2. Namibia
3. Brazil 4. Chile
Through which of the above does the Tropic of Capricorn pass?
(a) 1 only (b) 2,3 and 4
(c) 1,2 and 3 (d) 1,2,3 and 4
85. Which one of the following pairs is not correctly matched? 
(a) Berlin: Rhine
(b) London: Thames
(c) New York: Hudson
(d) Vienna: Danube
86. Match List I with List II and select the correct answer using the code given below the lists:
(Geographic feature) (Country)
A. Great Victoria Desert 1. Australia
B. Grand Canyon 2. Canada
C. Lake Winnipeg 3. New Zealand
D. Southern Alps 4. USA Code:
(a) A-1; B-2;C-4; D-3
(d) A-3; B-4;C-2; D-1
87. Cape Canaveral, the site from which space shuttles are launched is located on the coast of 
(a) Florida (b) Virginia
(c) North Carolina (d) South Carolina
88. Which among the following has the world's largest reserves of Uranium? 
(a) Australia (b) Canada
(c) Rusisan Federation (d) USA
89. In which one of the following places is the Shompen tribe found? 
(a) Nilgiri Hills (b) Nicobar Islands
(c) Spiti Valley (d) Lakshadweep Islands
90. Which one of the following can one comes across if one travels through the Strait of Malacca? 
(a) Bali (b) Brunei
(c) Java (d) Singapore
91. As a result of their annual survey, the National Geographic Society and an international polling firm Globe Scan gave India top rank in Greendex 2009 score. What is this score?
(a) It is a measure of efforts made by different countries in adopting technologies for reducing carbon footprint
(b) It is a measure of environmentally sustainable consumer behaviour in different countries
(c) It is an assessment of programmes/ schemes undertaken by different countries for improving the conservation of natural resources
(d) It is an index showing the volume of carbon credits sold by different countries
2. (a) Greenwich Mean Time is the standard time for time assessment in different countries of earth. The countries which lies east of the Greenwich line is ahead of Greenwich Mean Time while the countries which lies west of Greenwich has their standard time behind the Greenwich Mean Time. So, the correct sequences of the countries are Japan, Iraq, Greece, Cuba and Costa Rica.
3. (c) The 'gypsies' are a group of people which found in Central Asia. But, the original home of gypsies was in India (Western Rajasthan and Punjab) area. 'Gypsies' are an ethnic group, which for unknown reasons took to a wandering life style in the late middle age.
4. (a) The Continent Antarctica is present atthe highest mean elevation in the world. This is because it is covered by a huge layer of ice, about 7,100 feet (2,200 m) thick.
6. (d) Great Nicobar, Sundarbans, Nanda Devi are biosphere reservoir declared by Govt, of India, but Gulf of Kutch is not a biosphere reservoir, it is dry sandy plain.
7. (b) Arakan Yoma is located in western Myanmar. It is the part of eastern Himalayas. It includes the Naga hills, the Chin hills and the Patkai range which includes Lushai hills.
9. (a) De-notified tribes refers to tribes which are aboriginals. These tribes are extremely backward and are struggling to come out of stone age of livelihood. Usually this type of tribes live in forests.
10. (c) Western Ghat is known as ecological hot spots in India by the Wild Life Act of 1972 of Indian Constitution.
11. (d) National Forest Policy 1988 describes the protection of forest and development of forest, it does not describe the use of insecticide and pesticide in forest areas.
13. (b)The Palk strait separates India and Srilanka. It lies between Gulf of Mannar and Bay of Bengal.
15. (b)About 50% of the world population is concentrated between latitude of 20°N and 40°N, because most populous countries like China, U.S.A, Europe. India lies with in this latitude.
16. (d) Mongloids are inhabitants of northern, eastern and south-east Asia.
Their eyes has a characteristic fold of skin on the upper lid, hair is lank and straight, height is medium. The group also includes the Chinese, Japanese, Burmese, Thais, Vietnamese and Malays.
18. (d) Indonesia consists of 13,677 islands (nearly 14,000) and this country is 5000 miles from Torres strait.
20. (b) Daily wheather map showing isobars is an example of isopleth map. Isopleth map shows an imaginary surface by means of lines joining points of equal values.
21. (b) Russia is the largest producer of fuel woods in the world because Russia has the largest cover of forests.
22. (b) During a flight from Delhi to Tokyo the respective airports are Bangkok -> Hanoi -> Vietnam -> Taipei
23. (a) The satellite launched by Canada has helped in the prepration of a detailed and complete map of Antartica.
24. (a) Canada is the major importer of Bauxite from India
25. (d) The Indonesia forest fire in 1997was caused by human mistake.
28. (b) Maracaibo is the oil-port of Venezuela.
30. (b) Mestizo is a type of person with mixed racial ancestry, especially of mixed European and native American ancestry.
32.(c) Mt. Rainier is a volcanic mountain situated in U.S.A
Mt. Etna is situated in Europe, Paricutin volcanic mountain present in Mexico and Taal volcanic mountain is present at Philippines.
33. (b) The correct sequence from east to west of Yugoslavia is Yugoslavia, Bosnia, Croatia and slovenia.
34. (c) Lake Victoria acts as the international boundary be tween Tanzania and Uganda. It is the largest lake of all African lakes and 2nd widest fresh water body in the world.
35. (b) Marsupials are the group of mammals commonly have pouches or pocket of skin, where mother nurse their, young child. These marsupians are found in Australia. The common example of marsupians are kangaroo and koala.
37. (b) Fohn is the warm and dry, wind of Alps region, Sarmun is local wind of Kuristan region, Santa Ana is local wind of California and Zonda is local wind of Argentina.
39. (b) All the statements given in the options are correct.
40. (c) According to the recent data of 2010, the population of Indonesia is 242 million, population of Brazil is 201 million, Population of Japan is 126.8 million and population of Russia is 139.3 million, so the descending order of the size of the country is Indonesia, Brazil, Japan and Russia.
41. (c) The descending order literacy status of these countries is: Srilanka - 90.7%, India - 65.5% Pakistan -40.9% and Bangladesh-38.9%.
42. (b) Bosnia, Hercegovina, Alabama, Cratia have Adriatic sea as a boundary. Macednia is for from Adriatic sea.
44. (d) The waterfall Victoria is associated with the river Zambenzi which is situated in Africa.
45. (b) In Macedonia, ethinic Albanian population is 23%, which is a good number in Macedonia. But in Kosovo 92% Albanians present where Serbians are the minority.
46. (a) Israel has common borders with Lebanon, Syria, Jordan and Egypt.
48. (b) Mekon is a major river in south eastern Asia, mekond is known as the Lancang in China. It crosses Yunan province, China, forms the border between Myanmar and Laos and most of the border between Laos and Thailand and flows across Cambodia and Southern Vietnam and emptying to South China.
49. (d) Latvia does not share its border with Poland because it present between Estonia, Russia, Belarus, Lithuania, Gulf of Riga and Baltic Sea.
50. (c) Kolkata-Hajra is National highway -6 and extends 1949 km.
i. Agra-Mumbai is National highway-3 and extends 1,161 km.
ii. Chennai-Thane highway is known as NH-4.
iii. Pune-Machilipatnam National highway is known as NH-9, which extends 841 kilometers.
51. (d) The Panama canal joins Pacific Ocean, Atalantic Ocean, Coumbia and Coast Rica.
52. (d) Silent valley national park is situated in Nilgiri Hills of Western Ghats, The park is bounded by Attappadi reserved forest to the east and the vested forest of Palaghat division and Nilamber division to the southwest respectively.
53. (b) Ukraine does not border Lithuania. The border countries to Lithuania are Lativia, Russia, Poland, Belarus, and Baltic sea is present at the west direction.
54. (c) While moving from the North to the South of Pakistan, the correct sequence of the town is Peshwar - Islamabad - Gujranwala - Multan.
55. (d) All the monuments/sites are included in world Heritage list of UNESCO Sun Temple of Orissa, Group of monuments at Mahabalipuram are included in 1985. Champaner - Pavagadh Archeological park of Gujrat and Chhatrapati Shivaje Terminus of Maharastra are included in year 2004 in UNESCO list.
A. Washington D.C. 4. River Potamac
B. Berlin 3. River Spree
C. Paris 2. River Seine
D. Madrid 1. River Manzanares
57. (b) The total area of United Kingdom is 94, 226 sq miles (244,044 sq km), where England covers 50,344 sq miles (130, 365 sq km) i.e. less than 60 % of total United Kingdom.
58. (c) Itaipu Dam is built on River Parana is the largest Dam in the world. This is joint project of Brazil - Paraguay.
59. (b) The decreasing order of arrangement of continent according to the percentage of Earth's land is Africa (29800000 sq km), North America (21510000 sq km) South America (17598000 sq km), Europe (9699550 sq km)
60. (b) Bermuda Triangle is a strange and mysterious place in the southern Atlantic ocean. It is roughly the shape of a triangle. The triangle extends up to south Florida, Pruto Rico and Bermuda Island.
61. (b) Macedonian territory is the bone of contention between Bulgaria & Greece.
62. (c)The Huangpu river is the largest river in Shanghai of China. It is 97 km long, 400 metres wide and 9 metres deep. Sanghai gets most of its drinking water from Huangpu.
63. (b) Canada is the largest producer of Uranium, accounting for about 22% of world output. Production of Uranium in Canada mainly from the Mc Arthur River mines in northern Saskatchewan Province, which is the largest in the world.
64. (d) In statement '1' one nautical mile is 1852 mtrs and one terrestrial mile is 1609 metres. So, statement '1' is correct. In statement '2' Harmattan is a dry and dusty wind of West Africa. So, statement '2' is wrong. In statement '3' Iberian peninsula includes Portugal, Spain, Andorra & Gibraltar. Greece and Albania is not present in Iberian peninsula. So, statement '3' is wrong.
65. (b)Colombia, Kenya & Indonesia are the group of countries which passes the equator.
66. (a) Bai Konour is world's first and largest operational space launch facility. It is located in Kazakhstan, not in Rusisa.
67. (d)Thailand, Laos and Bangladesh is the group of countries which bordering Myanmar.
68. (c)Copacabana Beach is located in Riode Janeiro of Brazil.
69. (d)London, Lisbon and Accra of Ghana are present close to Greenwitch Meridian. But, Addis Ababa is situated on the eastern part of Africa (i.e., longitude 38.74 E). So, Addis Ababa has different clock time as that of London, Lisbon and Accra.
71. (a) Amazon is the longest river of world, originates from Andes mountain in Peru.
72. (c)Strait of Dover connects to United Kingdom and France. It is about 32 km in length.
73. (a)The largest coral reef is the Great Barrier Reef, located just off the north-eastern coast of Australia. Much of the 1200 mile (1900 km) long reef is protected as a Marine park.
74. (c) India has largest livestock population in the world, having 57% of world's buffalo population and 14% of the cattle population. According to 17th India's livestock census 2003, the country has about 18.5 crore cattle and 9.8 crore buffalo with total live stock of 48-50 crore and total poultry of48.90 crore.
75. (b) Malta is in the middle of mediterranean sea. Italy is in south and Libya is present at the north of Malta. The area is 246 sq km.
76. (d) Singapore is 200 km north of equator.
77. (b) Bering Strait is nearest to the International Date line, because the international Date line runs equidistant between the American continents, on its East and the Aisan, Australia, and Europe on it west.
78. (a) Maldova is a land locked country in Eastern Europe located between Romania to the West and Ukrain tc the north, east and south.
79. (c) Ajman is one of the seven emirates constitating the United Arab Emirates with an area of 260 sq kilometors and Ras al-Khaimah was the last Sheikhdom to join UAE.
81. (c) Canada ranked 36th most populated country.
82. (b) Omkareshwar Project associated with Narmada river.
83. (c) 9 states of India shares the coastline.
84. (d) The tropic of capricorn pass over all the following coil tries.
85. (a) Berlin is situated at the bank of Havel river. Rhine m is longest river in Germany.
87. (a) Cape Canaveral is the part of Florida's space coast.
88. (a) Australia has the world's largest uranium reservi Approximately 24% of the planet's uranium present Australia.
89. (b) The Shompen tribe is one of two mongloid tribes that inhabits in the Nicobar Island.
90. (d) Malacca strait is between the Indoneisan island of Sumatra and the Malaya Peninsula. Singapore lies the tip of the Malay Peninsular.
91. (b) In the third annual survey of National Geographic city & Globe Scan, Indian top ranked in Greendex2 due to environmentally sustainable consumer behaviour in different countries.